British media have censored the death of hundreds of people who have lost their lives in the Grenfell Tower fire in west London, a local resident has said.
The more than 500 people unaccounted from Grenfell Tower fire are dead, Nadia, whose family name was not given and identifies herself on social media as DJ Ayla, told Press TV.
London Police Commander Stuart Cundy told reporters on Saturday that 58 people are feared dead in the fire.
According to reports, however, the building was home to about 600 people.
Nadia told Press TV’s correspondent in London, Camilia Shambayati, that only 76 out of some 600 people who were living in the building where she grew up, had been accounted for and more than 500 residents were still missing.
“Where are the missing people? Where is the list of the 500, 600 people living in that building,” she asked.
“Where is everyone,” she further asked, adding, “Little kids are asking: ‘Where are my friends?’”
She insisted that the missing residents had all died and the UK media, particularly BBC, had censored the news.
“Everyone has died and no one is telling them,” she said, adding that, “the news can’t pick it up” referring to the alleged media blackout of the fatalities
On Wednesday June 14, a massive fire erupted at London’s Grenfell Tower.
The building is a 24-story, 67-meter high tower block with 120 separate apartments in North Kensington, west London.
The cause of the fire, where many of the residents were Muslims, is not yet known and the deadly incident is under investigation.
COMMENT BY RICHARD W. SYMONDS – GATWICK CITY TIMES
“Simple logic suggests high fatalities – especially children: 120 flats. 24 floors. Large families in most flats. 1am in morning, No alarm system. No sprinkler system. Instructed to stay in flat. Work it out. What I can’t work out is why the Council (Kensington & Chelsea) can’t provide a list of who – and how many – were in the Tower Block. There was an election a week before, so most of the residents would have registered. Also, the DWP only has to look in their files. The local council had all the information required to mark who was missing. Why did they do nothing – or not enough. If it was the Shard in flames- or a government office like the MI6 building – there would have been helicopters dousing the inferno from above within minutes…and the powers-that-be calling it a terrorist attack. There’ll be a clearer idea of how many children were killed, when the local nursery & primary schools start tomorrow and the teachers take the class register. Thoughts and prayers – and practical help – must go not just to the families, but also the schoolteachers and the children in their care. The trauma is unimaginable. I think the mainstream media – in collusion with the government – are playing down the numbers because they fear civil unrest throughout the country, – especially London – in which people wake up to the extent to which they are being – and have been – manipulated and controlled. Enough is enough. ‘The 2017 Revolution’ perhaps?
JUNE 27 2017
JUNE 30 2017